Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Block Party!


Each year, the neighbor hood that Matt grew up in, holds a block party! Its pretty fun! Lots of food, games, cornhole tournament, kiddie games, a live band, cards and board games and lots of socializing! This year it was a luah party!

I picked my card to be in the cornhole tournament, and its not secret that I'm NOT the best cornholer...LOL So the night before the party, the boys were all practicing. Well Matts dad went off to do something quick and they wanted to continue to play. Well, they said hey Christy, you can be Bob's partner. (Now if you dont know Bob, hes pretty serious about his cornhole!) His response was "aww, we'll just wait for Al" lol -

Well, the next day when we drew our cards...I went around to find my partner. And guess who it was.. Bob ;) LOL Poor guy! I told him thats what he gets for not letting me practice the night before ;)

Well as you can prolly guess, we lost.. But I didn't do AS bad as he was thinking I was going to :) It was all in good fun! But he did ask if there was going to be another tournament lol :D Oh Bob, gotta love him!

Heres some pics from the festivities and fun!

I decorated the big bear in Matts dads lawn :)

Cornhole Time! Thats Matt standing there, Jessie throwing and Bob is down there waiting his turn.Bob showing off his skills. And Matt and Al (his dad) talking. The live band in the background.

Matt's family. His grandparents and cousins.
Matts mom handing out glow necklaces!
They also had glow glasses! And this is Matt's sister, Beths, husbands family! They are silly :)
As you can see we had a pretty good time! Oh, forgot to tell you that Matt and his partner, Carlos, won the tournament! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment